Friday 16 August 2013

A lagging Super-Mum before sunset.

                               



3:45pm    Tiredly rummage for the keys to start the one and a half hour journey home.
My budget hasn’t stretched to a helicopter this week...again. I can't understand why the school won't send one to transport me. 

Shoes off, slippers on. Smiling feet now.

Radio on 3pm pick up to unwind. Chrissy Swan and Jane Hall crack me up. My favourite segment is Mother of the Year of the Week. It makes me feel better about my own mothering skills hearing some of these disaster Mum stories.

4:00pm    Radio off for some rare peace to prepare for the onslaught at home.

Do my best to ignore all the twits sharing my road space. 

Rehash the day's trials and tribulations. Who invented teenagers anyway? 

4:45pm    Arrive at After School Care to pick up Master 10. Find out from Director what misadventures he has been up to. Decide to look into Military Boarding School.

5:00pm   Quick stop at the Supermarket  for cat food and chocolate.  PFT, who am I kidding? No stop at the supermarket is quick. Especially if it involves deciding on a chocolate flavour.

Ewwwww there should be smell detectors at the front doors of supermarkets. If you stink, you can’t come in until you go home and shower. USE SOAP! If you came to buy soap, borrow the neighbours, then think about coming back.

What did I need again?

Oh specials.......10 packs for the price of 1. You can never have too many cotton wool balls.

Have we got enough milk? Better grab some in case.

I can smell the chocolate aisle coming up. OMG a wall of heaven! How can I be expected to pick just one??
I really should throw in 2, it’s almost that time of the month where chocolate must be within reach or someone may die.

Loo Paper with pretty flowers!!! I must have some of that. I am sure it will somehow make wiping my backside that much better. ( I am clearly an advertisers dream target )

Quick dash to stock up on cups of 2 minute noodles. The kids love them, and I have almost convinced myself that they can count as a meal. They have veggie sachets in them right?

5:20pm   How do I always manage to pick the checkout chick who is going for a world record in turtle's pace?

Ignore pleas from my ratty child for treats at checkout. Such a ploy for weak mothers. I REFUSE to give in. Today.

5:30pm   Load car with treasures. Why do I have a full bag? I only had 2 things on my list. Damn I forgot the cat food!!  She’ll have to have some chopped up ham. Lucky kitty will think it’s Christmas. ( not that she’s ever had a present at Christmas)

5:45pm  I can finally see my haven just as the sun bids us goodnight.

Sigh. It’s been a long day.

Fall out of the car.

No worries son, I’ll grab the shopping all by myself. Just jump out and head off. GRR

Dragging feet now, and possibly my butt if I had the energy to check.

Heave shopping onto kitchen bench. Unpack items we don’t need. Who put this ridiculous looking toilet paper in here?

Pretty sure this kitchen was cleaner  when I left home 11 hours ago. Piggies have  been rummaging at the trough again.

5:55pm   Daughter enters and lovingly declares: “I am starving, can we have dinner soon?”


I now know why some animals eat their young!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment